White Earth Nation

Register a Recreational Vehicle


Types of Vehicles (Sales Tax Exemption Does not apply to these types of Vehicles)

• Watercraft (Motorized Boats, Non-motorized boats, Pontoon, Canoe, Kayak, Paddle Boat, Jet Skiis). Non-Motorized watercraft 9 feet in length or less are exempt from the registration requirements.

• OHV(Off Highway Vehicles), All Terrain Vehicles (A TV's), Off-Highway Motorcycles, and Off-Road Vehicles (ORV's).

• Snowmobiles


What to bring with

Watercraft - Bill of Sale (and Registration Card, from where it had been previously registered). Year, Make, Model, Foot Length (measured from the foremost part of the boat (bow) to the rearmost part of the boat (stem). Hull Identification Number (which can be found on all boats manufactured since model year 1973), usually located on the right side of the stem or transom of the craft on the outside. They may be stamped into the fiberglass or aluminum, or on a separate plate. On boats built before November 1972 there should be a shorter serial number somewhere on the craft.

ATV's, Off-road Vehicles

New or Used All Terrain Vehicles: when purchased from a dealership, you will be issued a bill of sale, and or, a Manufacturers Statement of Origin, these must be brought in to register your vehicle with the White Earth Department of Motor Vehicles.

Vehicles purchased from a private owner, must have a bill of sale, along with the previous registration card (where the vehicle was last registered), or the Manufacturers Statement of Origin with full description of the vehicle (Year, Make, Model, Vehicle Identification Number, and Weight)